Agile methods can be applied to any kind of development or change effort. They can help organizations in volatile and uncertain environments to survive and excel.
Agile is a simple yet incredibly powerful set of principles and practices that help teams deliver products, services and even organization changes in short cycles, enabling fast feedback, continual improvement, and rapid adaptation to change.
This course is designed for business people, who want to take advantage of agile methods to plan and execute ideas quickly and get powerful results.
This workshop introduces the basics of agile – why it is quickly becoming popular and how it can help you. You will learn the agile mindset and the basic steps to quickly set up and run an agile business initiative.
|Issues with Traditional Methods||• We explore the main problems with traditional ways of designing and developing new products, services and solutions to business problems.
• What price do you pay for a lack of customer involvement?
• What are the costs of over-planning?
• Hands on Activity - Traditional Planning and Execution
|Why is Agile so popular now?||• Introduction – The Agile Framework; what do we do and why do we do it?
• We explore the main benefits of the Agile approach
• Hands on Activity - Agile Planning and Execution
• Engaging with customers and users: The importance of building feedback loops.
• The Agile mindset – Using the scientific method (develop, test, and modify hypotheses) to make better business decisions.
|Agile in Business Teams||• How to adapt the agile method to business challenges
• Building the team
• Developing the product vision and roadmap
• Testing and evolving the product
• Hands on activity – Applying agile to real business problem – (setting up)
|Planning the Work||• What is a Release? - Release Planning (Themes and priorities)
• What is a Sprint? - Sprint Planning (Getting work done)
• Hands on activity – Applying agile to real business problem – (Planning the work)
|Getting Results||• Evolving the product - Sprint Reviews (Product demonstrations and feedback)
• Improving Performance - Sprint Retrospectives (Team performance reviews)
• Hands on activity – Applying agile to real business problem – (Executing the plan: practice demo and retrospective)
|Benefit Realization||• How agile delivers results faster.
• When do we stop? – Measuring the value delivered and stopping the effort
• How to adapt agile for your business – tips and tricks.
Real Business Results
By completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Decrease time to market for your ideas
- Improve end-user/customer /employee satisfaction with deliverables
- Deliver value to customers better and faster than traditional methods.
- Quickly adapt to uncertainty and change
- Use minimum viable products (MVP) to quickly test new ideas.
- Increase performance and engagement across teams.
- Streamline internal end-to-end processes.
Contact us for a free consultation today
An Innova Solutions consultant is ready to discuss your needs and make recommendations.