New leaders are expected to manage themselves, their part of the business, and the performance of their direct reports. Without training or experience, managing the performance of others can be one of the biggest challenges.
|Introduction to Feedback||• Why Give Feedback? Who benefits from feedback and how?
• General rules for giving feedback – time, place and content.
• General approach to feedback.
|GROW Model||• GROW Model of Feedback
• GROW Questions
• GROW Practice
|Feedback Conversations||• Feedback conversations from beginning to end
• Techniques for building rapport in a feedback conversation
• Starting with praise, rather than criticism
• Explaining your objectives
• Asking the right questions
• Follow up questions for moving to resolution
• Uses of active listening and paraphrasing in feedback conversations
• Positive / Motivational Feedback
• Corrective / Developmental Feedback
• Using GROW questions to guide the person to a solution
• Real SMART Objectives - Setting Goals and Timelines
• Options for Closing the Discussion
• Getting Commitment to Improvement
|Adapting your Approach||• Understanding the Team Member: Skill / Will Matrix
• Coaching Styles, Management Styles - Using Push/Pull Styles
• Adapting Your Approach to the Person and Situation
|Difficult People||• Using the 2 Minute Challenge to Change Bad Habits|
By completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
An Innova Solutions consultant is ready to discuss your needs and make recommendations.
This post is also available in: Japanese