The Scrum Product Owner is an Agile project’s key stakeholder.
Part of the product owner responsibilities is to have a vision of what he or she wishes to build, and communicate that vision to the scrum team.
Many organizations new to the Agile method make the mistake of assuming that the key role is the Scrum Master, so they assign one of their current project managers to that role.
What this means is that the project will lack direction and probably fail to deliver a satisfactory product to the users.
The Scrum Product Owner is actually an Agile project’s key stakeholder. Part of the product owner responsibilities is to have a vision of what he or she wishes to build, and communicate that vision to the scrum team. This is the key to successfully starting and leading any agile software development project.
For Agile projects to deliver the right product to the customer and the end users, a strong and empowered Product Owner is a primary requirement.
|Introduction to Agile||• Reason for a “new” project management approach
• Comparison of “Waterfall” and Agile approaches
• Benefits of the Agile approach
→ How “product” is delivered
→ Risk reduction
→ Faster TTM, and other benefits
• The “Agile Mindset”
• History of Agile
• Timing and Phases - Sequential vs. Overlapping
|The Agile Framework||• Time-boxes and Sprints
• Scrum Events
• Scrum Artifacts (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog)
• Scrum Team (Product Owner, Development Team, Scrum Master)
• How to implement Agile in the company.
• Possible Issues and Obstacles
• Expected Benefits and Advantages
|Product Owner Simulation||Agenda:
• Product Vision
• Product Users
• Business Value
• Product Backlog Items
|Product Vision||• What makes a great Product Vision?
• The function of the Product Vision in Agile
• Product Vision – Relationships & Uses
• Vision Statement (AKA Elevator Pitch)
|Product Users||• User Categories and Roles
• Identifying Users
• Creating a User Persona
|Business Value||• Business Value
• Value Metrics
• Good and Bad Metrics of Value
|Product Backlog Items||• Creating Product Backlog Items
• What are User Stories?
• Writing Good User Stories
• Creating User Stories
|Estimation||• User Story – Estimating Value
• User Story – Estimating Effort
• Effort, Value and ROI
• How to Prioritize the Product Backlog using Value / Effort Matrix
• Guessing ROI and Prioritizing User Stories
• Sprint Backlog Selection…
An Innova Solutions consultant is ready to discuss your needs and make recommendations.
This post is also available in: Japanese