At Innova Solutions, we firmly believe that the effectiveness of the teams and work-groups within the organization greatly influence the success of the organization as a whole.
Teams need to be concerned with the broader perspective of the organization and help it adapt to external changes. Similarly, teams must provide for internal integration in response to those adaptations so that the organization’s processes are cohesive, linked, and aligned.
This is the formula for organizational success, both in terms of the bottom line and the corporate culture.
In general, for teams to succeed, the following characteristics must be present:
- The team must be committed to a common goal or purpose.
- Members of the team must have clear roles and responsibilities.
- The communication structure must foster the sharing of information.
- The team must have a sense of mutual accountability.
Team assessment is the starting point in developing truly high performing teams. We have a number of recommended tools for getting started today, including:
- Observation: Direct observation of the team as it carries out its work.
- Interviews: Face-to-face interactions with team members to identify strengths as well as developmental areas.
- Individual Assessment Tools: We use team based assessment tools to look for compatibilities, differences, and imbalances among the team members to diagnose potential issues.
- Team Development Survey: We use a structured survey that measures team effectiveness in key categories.
To guide subsequent team development activities, gathered data is analyzed and compiled into a report and then fed back to the team.